For a those who are new to internet marketing creating a blog may seem like an up hill task, most people would probably not know how to even start. How to create a free blog online? There are several ways to create a blog online, you can create a free blog online using a free blogging service, examples of such free services are WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, LiveJournal etc. These services allow you to set up a blog simply by filling out an online form. Most beginners create blogs using some of these services, while these services are free they have their advantages and disadvantages.
You can also create a blog by buying your own domain name and paying for your own hosting, this gives you a firm control of your business. If you are very serious about making money online in Nigeria you should consider this option as it reflects your seriousness to have an online business.
Advantages of using a free blogging service:
* They are free. (No domain or hosting cost is required, your blog would be setup as a “sub-domain” of the blogging service’s domain name eg. “myblog.blogspot.com”) * They are easy to set up. (Most of these services guide you through the process of blog setup)
Here are the main disadvantages of using a free blogging service:
If you still want to setup a free blog here’s how to go about it:
1. Choose a free blogging services: There are numerous free blogging services available to pick from, choose the one that suits you best.
2. Decide on a domain name: Decide on the domain name you would like to use for your project before you start your registration, you’ll need to choose a domain name and blog theme. Usually you don’t get to change this once you have registered it.
3. Register for an account and create your blog: Once you have picked a free service of your choice, you can register with them and start to create your blog. * Start a Free Blog with WordPress.com Visit the WordPress home page and select the “Get started here” button to register for a WordPress account. * Start a Free Blog with Blogger.com Visit the Blogger.com home page and select the “Create Your Blog Now” button to begin the process to start your new Blogger.com blog.
4. Customise your blog: Take some few minutes to customise your blog before you actually start blogging, your free service usually allows you to modify your author name, comment moderation process and other things. However, you’re not required to do any customisation before you actually start publishing blog posts.
5. Start blogging: Once you have completed steps 1-4, you are ready to add content to your blog. You can also add images to your articles to give some life to your pages.
For the record, I don’t recommend free service blogs for people who plan to make money online, I feel it is worth while to invest a little in your online business for long term gains if you want to make money online from Nigeria. If you have your own hosting all your content sits on that hosting account, you can give your blog a professional look and your blog address is more professional and easy to remember, you can have something like www.yourblogname.com.
If you are a member of IBC you have resources you can tap into to speed up your success, if you are not yet a member of IBC (Internet Business Club) you can join free now. You will find a simple step by step guide on how to register, host and monetise your own blog site when you join.